The City of West Hollywood, in accordance with the California Elections Code, holds a General Municipal Election every two years, on the first Tuesday after the first Monday of March in each odd-numbered calendar year. At each of these elections, the City elects two, or alternately three, of the five person City Council, in addition to any other measures that are included on the ballot.
The City consolidates its elections with the City of Los Angeles to include on the ballot any Los Angeles measures or seats up for re-election that have jurisdiction within the City of West Hollywood. The consolidation saves costs for each City, and makes the election process more simple and convenient for voters.
The City provides translations of all election materials in Spanish and Russian and pays for the cost of translating Candidate's Statements to be included on the ballot.
** PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CITY OF WEST HOLLYWOOD ELECTIONS WILL BE CONDUCTED BY THE LOS ANGELES COUNTY REGISTRAR RECORDER BEGINNING NOVEMBER 2020 AND WILL BE HELD EVERY TWO YEARS EACH NOVEMBER THEREAFTER.
If you have any additional election inquiries, please contact the City Clerk's office at 323-848-6409.
- 2001 Official Election Results [PDF]
- 2003 Official Election Results [PDF]
- 2005 Official Election Results [PDF]
- 2007 Official Election Results [PDF]
- 2009 Official Election Results [PDF]
- 2011 Official Election Results [PDF]
- 2013 Official Election Results [PDF]
- March 3, 2015 Official Election Results [PDF]
- June 2, 2015 Special Municipal Election Official Results [PDF]
- 2017 Official Election Results - (Consolidated with Los Angeles County) - Click here for the results from the County Registrar website