- Support legislation that strengthens and expands ongoing revenue for the City.
- Oppose any legislation or initiative that would undermine voter-approved initiatives to guarantee ongoing revenue sources for local government.
- Monitor the state’s implementation of changes in state/local fiscal relationship.
- Oppose legislation that undermines and preempts local authority over local taxes and fees.
- Support legislative reform that would remove unwarranted, state-imposed mandates or barriers in the execution of local government programs.
- Support legislation to streamline the process for state reimbursement of state-imposed mandates.
- Support legislation to increase funding for low and moderate-income/affordable housing and live/work housing.
- Support efforts to strengthen rent control laws at the state level.
- Support legislation to eliminate, or weaken, the Ellis Act.
- Support legislation that amends the Ellis Act to better protect renters’ rights in the event of an Ellis eviction.
- Support legislation that would authorize cities to increase relocation benefits for those who are displaced under the Ellis Act.
- Support legislation that expands the supply of affordable housing by adopting reforms that reduce barriers to improved planning and increases the financial resources available.
- Support legislation to encourage developers to provide affordable housing in their developments.
- Support legislation to enact a state Affordable Housing Trust Fund.
- Monitor legislation addressing Notice of Change in Terms of Tenancy.
- Support legislation to enable elderly and disabled individuals to remain in their rental unit homes.
- Support measures that increase funding for affordable senior housing and assisted living facilities.
- Support increases in state funding for enhancement and expansion of residential code enforcement and other programs that will preserve the quality of the existing housing stock.
- Support legislation that encourages a diverse housing stock to address the needs of all socioeconomic segments of the community.
- Oppose legislation that would preempt local government’s ability to regulate condominium conversions.
- Oppose legislation that would prohibit inclusionary housing/zoning unless government subsidies were available for the affordable units.
- Support legislation that provides protection for individual homeowners while allowing local government to utilize the right of eminent domain in an appropriate and fair manner.
- Support legislative and administrative efforts to maintain the integrity of local government’s control over land use.
- Oppose legislation that preempts local government’s ability to incidentally regulate and exercise its enforcement powers.
- Oppose legislation and regulations that preempt local governments’ land use authority.
- Support “Smart Growth” initiatives that provide incentives to local governments that promote balanced growth.
City Parks, Library & Green Space
- Support passage of additional bonds for urban parks and green space.
- Identify and pursue potential funding sources for City projects, services and infrastructure needs, including libraries, parks and recreational facilities.
- Support efforts to increase state resources for local arts, cultural events and library programs, including performing and visual arts programs.
- Support legislation aimed at developing infrastructure for local performing art centers and recreational facilities.