Queer View: Religion & Identity in 2017
Friday, March 17, 2017, 6pm
West Hollywood City Council Chambers
625 N. San Vicente Blvd.
This even is free and open to the public.
Join us for a thought-provoking program of short films and a post-screening panel discussion and Q&A with directors and scholars!
To RSVP email email@example.com or on Facebook.
Validated parking will be provided in the adjacent five-story parking structure.
Outfest WeHo Series.Through a WeHo Arts grant, the City supports Outfest West Hollywood Screening Series on the first Wednesdays of each month in the City Council Chambers. Most screenings are $6 members/$10 non-members. For more information and this month's offering, visit http://www.outfest.org/weho-series. Please note that each July, Outfest switches their website out - if the previous link does not work try: https://outfest.secure.force.com/ticket
Women in Film. Also through a grant from WeHo Arts, Women in Film provides a speaker series monthly in the City Council Chambers geared towards helping women succeed in the film industry. http://womeninfilm.org/speaker-series/
Film Festivals. West Hollywood plays host to several film festivals, and has supported the festivals below in the past.
- SEEfest - Late April/Early May
- Outfest - July and monthly Outfest West Hollywood Series -Year round
- CMG Short Film Festival - Fall
- Transgender Film Festival - Fall
Movie Theatres. West Hollywood is blessed with being in the midst of several movie complexes which specialize in art films, indie films or revivals, all of which are within ten minutes drive from the border of WeHo:
- Sundance Cinemas Sunset is located at the intersection of Crescent Heights and Sunset Boulevard, and features first-run films with an emphasis on art/indie films.
- Cinefamily, a non-profit, is located in the old Silent Movie Theatre at 611 N. Fairfax, and features a number of different film series including one devoted to silent movies.
- LACMA has a robust film program, showing classic and art films, and partnering with Film Independent. They are also home to the soon-to-be-constructed Academy Museum and have already begun programming.
- The New Beverly Cinema specializes in revival double features.
- Cinespia hosts the extremely popular outdoor summer movie series in Hollywood Forever Cemetary.
- The Paley Center for Media, specializes in television, radio, and similar media and offers free admission and screenings of television programs.
Other Screenings. The City also hosts and co-sponsors other film screenings both indoors and outdoors on occasion. To check out the calendar click here.
If you are a filmmaker and would like information on filming in West Hollywood click here.
If you are looking for a location to host a film screening in West Hollywood, you may wish to inquire with: