The Rent Stabilization and Housing Division administers the City's Rent Stabilization Ordinance and Inclusionary Housing Program to maintain and promote a vibrant residential community. Our goal is fair regulation and maintenance of existing rent stabilized housing and creation of new affordable housing opportunities.
- Through August 31, 2016 = 0.75%
- As of September 1, 2016 = 1.0%
- Section 8 In West Hollywood
Rent Increases & Limitations, Contract Cancellations, Reasonable Accommodations
- Aging in Place Strategic Plan The city is initiating an Aging in Place Strategic Plan.
The Rent Stabilization and Housing Division provides a report of activities annually. Use the following links to view the most recent report and prior reports.
- Rent Stabilization
- Residential Rentals
- Resources in Russian
- Code Compliance
- Guide to Rent Stabilization [PDF]
- Hearings and Remedies Guidebook [PDF] - Russian [PDF]
- California Tenants Guide
- Rent Stabilized Units
- Free Event for First Time Home Buyers - November 14th
- Short Term Vacation Rentals
- Celebrating 30 Years of Rent Stabilization[PDF]
- Budget Video
Requests for Proposals
Rehabilitation Incentives - Proposals due July 14 at 3:00PM (EXTENDED)
Supplemental Information - Renovating West Hollywood Rental Housing Stock