The Division of Rent Stabilization and Housing develops housing programs and policies for the City in order to promote a strong and vibrant residential community, with particular emphasis on the quality of residential life.
2015 July Newsletter
2016 RSO Building Blocks
- Annual Rent Increase of .75% Announced for September 2015 through August 2016
At its June 25, 2015 meeting, the Rent Stabilization Commission announced that the annual rent adjustment for West Hollywood tenants subject to the City’s Rent Stabilization Ordinance is .75 % for the period beginning September 1, 2015 and ending August 31, 2016. The .75% increase was determined by using the 75% of the rise in the Los Angeles-Riverside-Orange County Consumer Price Index from May 2014 to May 2015.
- Download the 30-Day Notice To Increase Rent Form[PDF]
- Section 8 In West Hollywood
Rent Increases & Limitations, Contract Cancellations,Reasonable Accommodations
- The city is initiating an Aging in Place Strategic Plan. Find out more at Aging in Place Strategic Plan.
- The 2014 Annual Report is available for viewing at RSH Annual Report.
Our goal is the preservation of existing affordable housing, fair regulation of rental housing, the creation of new market-rate and affordable housing.
- Rent Stabilization
- Residential Rentals
- Resources in Russian
- Code Compliance
- Guide to Rent Stabilization [PDF]
- Hearings and Remedies Guidebook [PDF] - Russian [PDF]
- California Tenants Guide
- Rent Stabilized Units
- Free Event for First Time Home Buyers - November 14th
- Short Term Vacation Rentals
Request for Proposals
Rehabilitation Incentives - Proposals Due July 14 at 3:00PM (EXTENDED)
Supplemental Information - Renovating West Hollywood Rental Housing Stock