Animal Care and Control services are provided to the City of West Hollywood by Los Angeles County Department of Animal Care and Control and SPCA-LA. Los Angeles County Department of Animal Care and Control provides field services and licensing services. They enforce all state, county and city laws regarding the care and control of domestic animals. The Los Angeles County Carson Shelter responds to service calls from West Hollywood residents reporting or needing assistance with stray, injured, lost, dead, nuisance or dangerous animals.
Animal licensing is done through the LA County Dept. of Animal Care & Control. West Hollywood requires that all dogs and cats over the age of four months be vaccinated against rabies, spayed/neutered and microchipped.
Licenses may be purchased at an animal care center or by mail. For more information, or to complete an animal license application, please visit the LA County Animal Care and Control website.
- Los Angeles County Animal Care & Control - (310) 523-9566
- Off-leash dogs
- lost and found animals
- animal licensing
- pet/animal adoptions,
- animal vaccinations and
- humane treatment.
- SPCA-LA provides animal sheltering services and humane investigations to the City of West Hollywood.
- Los Angeles County West Vector Control District - (310) 915-7370
Bees, Africanized honey bees, mosquitos and other stinging insects.
- Lost and Found Animals
- Barking Dogs - Please call Code Compliance at (323) 848-6516
- Animal Waste - Please call Code Compliance at (323) 848-6516
For non-emergency and general information regarding the City's animal care and control services during business hours call 323-848-6882 or fill out a service request.