The Public Safety Department provides oversight of law enforcement and coordinates community programs to reduce crime and increase public safety and the quality of life for citizens, businesses, and visitors to West Hollywood.
Our Director of Public Safety is Kristin Cook.
Contact this Department or call (323) 848-6414.
In Case of Emergency Dial 9-1-1
Please be aware that 9-1-1 emergency calls made from cell phones are first routed through the California Highway Patrol, which causes a delay in response time. Make sure you know exactly what City you are in, so that the CHP can route your call to the correct law enforcement agency without additional delays.
- Emergency Services/Disaster Preparedness
Knowing what to do in an emergency or disaster is the key to a quick response and recovery. The City of West Hollywood's Public Safety Department is dedicated to providing you with the tools you need to be better prepared.
- Emergency Mass Notification System
Los Angeles County has implemented an emergency mass notification system that will be used to contact County residents and businesses via recorded phone messages, text messages or e-mail messages in case of emergency.
- Frequently Asked Questions
An exhaustive list of answers to some of our more popular questions.
- Medicine Cabinet Safety Tips Clean out your medicine cabinet the safe way. Dispose your medication in drug drop-off boxes that are located at the West Hollywood Sheriff’s Station at 780 N. San Vicente Blvd.
- National Night Out
National Night Out is designed to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness and generate support for local anti-crime programs.
- Neighborhood Watch The Neighborhood Watch program is one of the most effective means available for keeping crime out of our neighborhoods. When neighbors work together with law enforcement, one of the best crime fighting teams is created.
- West Hollywood Sheriffs
The City of West Hollywood contracts with the Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department for police protection. To reach the West Hollywood Sheriffs' Station, please dial (310) 855-8850 or in case of emergency, dial 9-1-1.
- Crime Reports
An interactive map that contains weekly crime information for the City of West Hollywood provided by the West Hollywood Sheriff's Station.
- Public Safety Education Campaign
The City's Public Safety Commission has initiated a successful campaign designed to educate residents and visitors to West Hollywood about public safety topics.
- Public Safety Commission
The Public Safety Commission meets the 2nd Monday at 6:30 p.m. in the Community Room at West Hollywood Library located at 625 N. San Vicente Boulevard.
- Public Safety Six Month Reports
Learn about the work of the Public Safety Department through these periodic reports presented to City Council.
- Training Opportunities