Cityline is West Hollywood’s FREE mini bus. It’s a friendly and accessible alternative to the larger bus system, and is open to the general public.All shuttles are ADA accessible.
Maps and timetables can be downloaded here.
The City of West Hollywood is proud to present
CityLineX — your free connection between
the City of West Hollywood and the Hollywood & Highland Metro Red Line Station!
Weekdays 7 to 9 a.m. and 5:30 to 7 p.m. (at 15- to 20-minute intervals)
CityLineX travels along Santa Monica Boulevard
Westbound shuttles depart from the west side of Highland Avenue
(just south of Hollywood Boulevard, just north of Hawthorn Avenue)
Eastbound shuttles depart from the West Hollywood Library
For a CitylineX route map and schedule click here
Cityline is an easy and friendly way to get all the benefits of public transportation, closer to home. There is probably a stop not far from where you live. You can use it to connect to Metro lines, or just to do errands around town. You can help cut down on traffic and pollution, leave your car at home and avoid parking hassles!
- Hours of Service: Monday through Saturday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Schedule: Shuttles arrive approximately every 30 minutes.
- Cost: FREE
|Plan My Trip||Where's My Bus?|
|CityLine Route Map|
Want to know exactly when your bus will arrive? Cityline now joins LA Metro on NextBus to help passengers see when their bus will actually arrive. (More information about how to use NextBus [PDF])
Maps are available at City Hall, Plummer Park, the Library and the Chamber of Commerce.
For stop and schedule questions, call (800) 447-2189
Where can I go on Cityline?
You can take Cityline to do your grocery shopping at any of the markets in town. Cityline stops at the West Hollywood Library, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, most City parks, West Hollywood City Hall, the post office, and many major commercial areas in the City.
City of West Hollywood’s Annual Halloween Carnaval – Cityline and Cityline X Information
Due to the Halloween Carnaval, there will be street closures in West Hollywood on Monday, October 31, which will affect Cityline and Cityline X routes and service. Street closure information is available on the City’s website at: www.weho.org/visitors/events-in-the-city/halloween-carnaval/street-closures. Cityline and Cityline X service changes are as follows:
1. AM CitylineX service will not stop at the Library. Please board at Santa Monica and San Vicente.
2. Daytime Cityline service will run until 1:00 PM only and East of Kings Road only. Areas to the West of Kings road will be without service on Monday October 31 only.
3. PM Cityline X service will run extended hours and more frequent service from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM to Kings Road only.
The City encourages Carnaval-goers to leave cars at home, to carpool, or to use public transportation options. Metro offers several transit options to get to West Hollywood. A trip planner is available at www.metro.net.
The City will offer Carnaval-goers three free transit options to help get to and from the Halloween Carnaval:
- CityLineX (Modified Service) — will run from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. from Hollywood and Highland to Santa Monica Boulevard/Sweetzer;
- Hollywood Link (CitylineX to La Brea only) — will run from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. from Hollywood and Highland to Santa Monica Boulevard/La Brea Avenue. (Connect to The PickUp’s Special Service from the stop at La Brea to reach the Halloween Carnaval); and
- The PickUp (Special Service) — will run from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. along Santa Monica Boulevard and will stop at all regular eastbound stops between Sweetzer Avenue and La Brea Avenue. Once The PickUp reaches its La Brea Avenue stop, it will take an express route west toward the Halloween Carnaval via Melrose Avenue to its special Halloween stop on Kings Road/Santa Monica Boulevard. From 11 p.m. to 3 a.m., The PickUp will only run eastbound from Kings Road/Santa Monica Boulevard to La Brea Avenue/Santa Monica Boulevard. Additional information is posted on the website for The PickUp at: www.wehopickup.com.
- Effective immediately, the stop located on Santa Monica at Kings Eastbound will be out of service due to the construction and sidewalk closure at that location. Please use the stop at Kings/Romaine or Sweetzer/Santa Monica.