Sign up for email notifications of our weekly calendar events.
One City One Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival
- Date: May 22, 2019 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Location: Visit weho.org/pride for event locations
West Hollywood, California 90069
Each year the City of West Hollywood celebrates pride with its One City One Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival, which runs from between Harvey Milk Day (May 22) through the end of June Pride month (June 30). The theme for 2019 is “Love is Love,” celebrating the universal bond that unites us especially during this 50th anniversary year of the Stonewall riots.
Some highlights of One City One Pride 2019 include:
• May 22: Kick-off reception and a staged reading of Dear Harvey with Celebration Theatre
o Featuring 2 queer poetry pop-ups: “Let Love Flourish,” performances of poems by queer poets past and present, and “Everyone Deserves (A) Love (Poem),” an interactive installation where poets will write you a love poem
• May 25 + 26: New Stages presents “I Do,” a musical based on the life stories of, and performed by, LGBTQ seniors
• June 1 +2: Metropolitan Master Chorale presents Considering Matthew Shepard
• June 2: Vox Femina and Trans Chorus LA present Hearts of Courage
• June 15: Lesbian Speaker Series presents Tea Time with Stephanie Miller and Beth Lapides
• June 26: “LA: A Queer History,” a documentary about LA’s contributions to the LGBTQ rights movement
• June 30: Full day of programming including:
o Launch of “Crush: First Love, New Talent” an LGBTQAIU comic anthology about first (queer) love
o Readings from Michael Kearns’ troupe QueerWise
o “Where Love is Illegal” features portraits of people who live in countries where it is illegal to be LGBTIQ. Join us for a panel discussion
o “¡GAYTINO! Made in America” film debut – a story about being gay and Chicano, and a father’s love
o Also, the return of the 2 queer poetry pop-ups
One City One Pride is organized by the City of West Hollywood's Arts Division. Most events are free to attend, however some require ticket purchase. For more information contact Mike Che, Arts Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.weho.org/pride.
CONTACT: Michael Che, 323-848-6377, email@example.com