Sign up for email notifications of our weekly calendar events.
The City of West Hollywood is following the lead of local health agencies and immediately cancelling all non-essential City events and meetings through June 30, 2020 in response to COVID-19. For more information please visit our Coronavirus web area.
One City One Pride Kickoff/Harvey Milk Day Celebration: "Dear Harvey" staged reading
- Date: May 22, 2019 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Location: West Hollywood Park Public Meeting Room/City Council Chambers
625 N. San Vicente Boulevard
West Hollywood, California 90069
Join the City of West Hollywood’s Arts Division for a free staged reading of Patricia Loughrey’s “Dear Harvey” produced by Celebration Theatre, LA’s oldest LGBTQ theatre founded in 1982. Extensively researched, this documentary-style ensemble play recounts the life and lasting impact of groundbreaking activist and politician Harvey Milk, as told by the people who knew him best, featuring a cast of professional actors, elected/appointed officials and community members including:
• West Hollywood City Poet Laureate Charles Flowers
• Arts & Cultural Affairs Commissioner Dallas J. Dishman
• Disability Advisory Boardmember Rick Watts
• Human Services Commissioner Nate Clark
• Lesbian & Gay Advisory Boardmember Jason Frazier
• Lesbian & Gay Advisory Boardmember Sepi Shyne
• Senior Advisory Boardmember John Allendorfer
• Transgender Advisory Boardmember Alexis Sanchez
• Women’s Advisory Boardmember Karen Eyres
• And others TBD
From 6:30-7:30pm, there will be a reception celebrating the first day of the City's One City One Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival (May 22-June 30) and two queer poetry pop-ups: Let Love Flourish, featuring performances of poetry by queer poets, and Everyone Deserves (A) Love (Poem), an interactive art installation where anyone may request a love poem.
The main performance of “Dear Harvey” will begin at 7:30pm.
Free Admission. RSVP required at weho.org/pride
CONTACT: Michael Che, 323-848-6377, firstname.lastname@example.org