Purpose of the Task Force: The Ethics Reform Task Force will reconvene to review the City's ethics regulations. As directed by the West Hollywood City Council on March 19, 2018, the Task Force will recommend reforms that will assure strong and comprehensive ethics rules consistent with the City's commitment to open and fair government. The three key issue areas identified by the City Council are: Government Ethics, Lobbyists Regulation, and Enforcement.
- City Council Staff Report - April 2, 2018 [PDF]
- City's Current Regulations & Laws Governing Campaign Finance, Lobbyists, and Government Ethics[PDF]
Meeting Schedule (Additional Meetings may be Added):
- May 23, 2018 - Agenda [PDF] Agenda Packet [PDF] Minutes [PDF]
- July 12, 2018 - Agenda [PDF] Agenda Packet [PDF] Minutes [PDF]
- September 17, 2018 - Agenda [PDF] Agenda Packet [PDF]
Task Force Members
- Joseph Guardarrama - Government Ethics Attorney with Kaufman Legal Group and former City Commissioner
- Max Kanin - Attorney specializing in election law, campaign finance law, and government ethics.
- Elizabeth Ralston - Past President of the League of Women Voters of Los Angeles
- Lauren Langer - Assistant City Attorney
- Yvonne Quarker - City Clerk
- Melissa Crowder - Assistant City Clerk
Email the Ethics Reform Task Force at EthicsTaskForce@weho.org.