The Domestic Partnership Program is a long-established way for couples to have their relationship recognized by the City of West Hollywood. The City also allows non-residents to apply for a Domestic Partnership which may be used by agencies that recognize such arrangements.
- Domestic Partnership Registration
Domestic Partnership registration enables any two individuals, regardless of sexual orientation, to have their relationship officially recognized by the City of West Hollywood.
- Frequently Asked Questions - Domestic Partnerships
Some of the most commonly asked questions regarding domestic partnerships in West Hollywood.
- Domestic Partnership Application [PDF]
To register as domestic partners, download and return the completed application to City Hall.
- Domestic Partnership Termination Form
To notify the City of your terminated partnership, download and return this form to City Hall.
- Domestic Partnership Ordinance [PDF]
The City's official language regarding Domestic Partnerships.
- State of California Statement of Domestic Partnership
Beginning January 1, 2000, the Secretary of State's office will register domestic partnerships as provided by Division 2.5 of the Family Code, commencing with Section 297 (as added by Assembly Bill 26, Chapter 588, Statutes of 1999).