A film company requesting to film in the City of West Hollywood must provide proof of a policy of comprehensive liability in a combined single amount of at least one million dollars ($1,000,000.00) covering the film company's activities in the City of West Hollywood. Such insurance must satisfy the following:
- Must be procured from a provider authorized to do business in California;
- Must be subject to the approval in writing of the City;
- Must name the City, its Officials and Representatives as Certificate Holder;
- Must contain provisions that prohibit cancellation, modification, or lapse without thirty (30) days prior written notice to the City;
- Must include the City's legal address at 8300 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Hollywood CA 90069.
Proof may be supplied in two ways: by submitting a completed Certificate of Insurance [PDF], or by submitting an Acord certificate of insurance form with an original signature. Fax copies of insurance certificates are acceptable for issuance of a film permit, but an original copy must be received within fifteen (15) days of the film permit application.
Note: Student productions' Certificate of Insurance must be issued by the college, university or educational institution the student attends in order to qualify for the waiving of Film Permit fees.