Welcome to the City of West Hollywood’s Electronic Plan Check Program
The City’s WeHo e-Plan Check Program offers a paperless alternative that can assist owners, developers and contractors reduce costs and time for project reviews with West Hollywood’s Building and Safety Division. Our program will help save on costs incurred for printing, scanning and archiving paper plans as well increase the speed and ease of submission for applicants.
Submitting a Project to the WeHo e-Plan Check Program
- Verify that you have a complete plan check package to submit (refer to "Concurrent Plan Check Submittal Checklist").
- Projects drawings and supporting construction documents shall be prepared per the prescribed program policies (refer to "Preparing e-Plans"). Deviations to these instructions will result in delays in your project review.
- A permit application must be completed and fees paid prior to the submittal of electronic plans and documents. Completed permit applications must be sent to email@example.com. Upon receipt, City staff will email the plan check fee invoice and payment processing information back to the applicant.
- Once the application has been processed and the project has been assigned a permit number the applicant may send the project drawings and supporting construction documents to firstname.lastname@example.org via a cloud based file sharing service. (i.e. OneDrive, DropBox, Google Drive, etc.) When sharing a link to the uploaded files please make sure to include the permit number and address associated with the project in the email subject line.
- Prescreening of uploaded documents will be performed by Building and Safety staff to ensure that a complete package has been received. Please allow a minimum of three (3) working days after you have uploaded your documents for the Prescreening process to take place. If there are questions or missing items from your submittal, you will receive a “Prescreening Corrections Request” e-mail with instructions on the changes requested and how to resubmit.
WeHo e-Plan Check Program Document Resources
If you require assistance please call us at (323) 848-6320 or email us at email@example.com.