Sign up for quarterly updates from the Planning & Development Services Department!
The Current and Historic Preservation Planning Division prepares and administers the City's General Plan, all zoning and subdivision ordinances, and reviews and makes recommendations on land use development applications in order to guide the future growth and development of the City as determined by the City Council. The Division also provides public information regarding planning issues; manages inter-jurisdictional review; promotes historic preservation; and performs environmental review pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act. The Division also staffs the Planning Commission and Historic Preservation Commission. The Current and Historic Preservation Planning Manager is David DeGrazia.
PLEASE NOTE: The Planning Counter is open from 8:00 a.m. to 12 Noon (please arrive no later than 11:30 a.m.) Monday - Friday for routine planning/zoning questions and zone clearance submittals.All other application submittals and in-depth review of new development projects or property/zoning research is available Monday through Thursday by appointment only from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Please call the Planning helpdesk to make an appointment: (323) 848-6475.
- Environmental Documents
- General Plan Update
- Green Building Program
- Historic Preservation
- Permit Applications and Forms
- Sunset Specific Plan
- West Hollywood West Design Guidelines
- West Hollywood West Neighborhood Overlay District
- Norma Triangle Design Guidelines
- Norma Triangle Neighborhood Overlay District
- West Hollywood Zoning Map
- Zoning Ordinance
- Planning & Development Services Work Plan 2016
Frequently Asked Questions
Click below for brief answers to frequently asked questions. If you have further questions, please contact the Current and Historic Preservation (CHPP) Division at (323) 848-6475.
- How do I obtain information about my property's zoning?
- What type of application do I need for my project?
If you need help determining what type of permit application is required for your proposed project, call (323) 848-6475 and ask to speak to the Planner On Duty (P.O.D.) or visit the Planning Division Counter at City Hall.
- What are the Planning Counter business hours?
Beginning September 1, 2011, the Planning Counter business hours are from 8:00 am - 12:00 pm daily. This time is dedicated for routine planning and zoning questions and for zone clearance application submittals only. Planners are also available by appointment on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm. This time is reserved for application submittals, in-depth review of projects, and for extensive research.
- If I have concern, comments or complaints about a project, whom should I contact?
If the comments regards an official application with the City please contact the Community Development Department at (323)848-6475 and you will be directed to the project planner. For general Residential or Commercial Code Compliance call (323)848-6400.
- Where is the Current and Historic Preservation Planning Division located?
- How do I start a general retail business?
- How do I start a restaurant business?
- How do I start a personal service business?
- How do I start a office business?
- How do I start a health fitness business?
The CHPP Division is located at City Hall, 8300 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90069. We are located on the second floor of City Hall.