The City of West Hollywood is currently responding to the unprecedented Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and is working as quickly as possible to address community needs with links to resources, information, and relief for our residents, businesses, and community members.


Click the graphic below for information related to Coronavirus (COVID-19). The page will be updated as new information, resources, and relief from Federal, State and County agencies are made available.

Artboard 13@2x-100

Animal Care and Control

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Animal Care and Control services are provided to the City of West Hollywood by Los Angeles County Department of Animal Care and Control and SPCA-LA. Los Angeles County Department of Animal Care and Control provides field services and licensing services. They enforce all state, county and city laws regarding the care and control of domestic animals. The Los Angeles County Carson Shelter responds to service calls from West Hollywood residents reporting or needing assistance with stray, injured, lost, dead, nuisance or dangerous animals.


Animal licensing is done through the LA County Dept. of Animal Care & Control.  West Hollywood requires that all dogs and cats over the age of four months be vaccinated against rabies, spayed/neutered and microchipped.  

Licenses may be purchased at an animal care center or by mail. For more information, or to complete an animal license application, please visit the LA County Animal Care and Control website.


Coyotes are extremely intelligent and adaptable animals that are known to live in the local hillside areas adjacent to the City of West Hollywood. On occasion, coyotes venture into urban areas within West Hollywood in search of food, water, and shelter.


The City Council recently adopted amendments the Chapter 9.48 (Animals) that creates a Trap-Neuter-Return program for community cats.


For non-emergency and general information regarding the City's animal care and control services during business hours call 323-848-6882 or fill out a service request.