The City of West Hollywood is currently responding to the unprecedented Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and is working as quickly as possible to address community needs with links to resources, information, and relief for our residents, businesses, and community members.


Click the graphic below for information related to Coronavirus (COVID-19). The page will be updated as new information, resources, and relief from Federal, State and County agencies are made available.

Artboard 13@2x-100

Dance & Entertainment

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

A regulatory business license is required for any business where any dance related activity takes place or that has live entertainment.

“Entertainment” shall include, but is not limited to, any act, play, review, pantomime, scene, movie, song, dance act, song and dance act, exhibition, dancing for compensation, or poetry recitation, performed for the benefit of the public, either at a private or public establishment. “Entertainment” as used herein does not include mechanical music alone.

  • A DJ does require an entertainment business license

Business License Application

A separate business license is required for Dance and Entertainment.  The application below has a check box for each license type requested.  The application is $300.00 for each type.

Dance & Entertainment Business License Applications


Dance and Entertainment businesses often use promoters to generate business.  Businesses using promoters shall:

  1. Obtain, and keep current, a West Hollywood Promoters Venue Business License, or
  2. Make sure that any promoter used has a valid Promoters Business License

The business and the promoters can be held equally responsible for any violations of the West Hollywood Municipal Code.


Code regulating the operations of Dance businesses

Code regulating the operations of Entertainment businesses

Code regulating the operations of Promoters