An Encroachment Permit must be obtained prior to commencement of any activities affecting the public right-of-way. These activities include, but not limited to:
- Excavation -- staging of haul trucks, haul routes, site clean up
- Bins -- dumpsters, haul trucks
- Temporary fencing/pedestrian barricade/façade protection
- Office -- construction office in public right of way
- Material Deliveries
- Material Storage
- Concrete Pours -- staging of trucks, clean out, clean up
- Worker Parking
- Construction Equipment -- crane, gunite equipment, scaffolding, etc.
- Traffic and Pedestrian Management Safety Plan at Project
- Public Improvements, Sidewalk, Curb, Gutter, Driveways
Encroachment Permits are issued on the second floor, next to the planning counter at the following times:
- Mondays - Thursdays: 8:00 am- 8:15 am; 11:00 am-11:15 am and 2:00 pm-2:15pm.
- Fridays: 8:00am-8:15 am and 11:00 am-11:15 am.
Call at least 24 hours in advance for Encroachment Permit inspections: (323) 848-6379.
Click here: ENCROACHMENT PERMIT APPLICATION
The City requires trench restoration to be done in compliance with the City Standard Trench Cut Details.