7064 W. Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028
805 N. Highland Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90038
1404 S. La Cienega Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90035
883 N. Western Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90029
UCLA S.A.F.E. Center
[Accepts paint, other Household Hazardous Waste(HHW) and Electronic Waste]
550 Charles E. Young Drive West
Los Angeles, CA 90095
What Products are Covered?
Architectural paints (“Program Products”) are defined as interior and exterior architectural coatings sold in containers of 5 gallons or less. However, they do not include aerosol products (spray cans), industrial maintenance (IM), original equipment manufacturer (OEM), or specialty coatings.
Here are examples:
Program Products (ACCEPTABLE)
- Interior and exterior architectural paints: latex, acrylic, water-based, alkyd, oil-based, enamel (including textured coatings)
- Deck coatings, floor paints (including elastomeric)
- Primers, sealers, undercoaters
- Shellacs, lacquers, varnishes, urethanes (single component)
- Waterproofing concrete/masonry/wood sealers and repellents (not tar or bitumen-based)
- Metal coatings, rust preventatives
- Field and lawn paints
Non-Program Products (NOT ACCEPTABLE)
- Paint thinners, mineral spirits, solvents
- Aerosol paints (spray cans)
- Auto and marine paints
- Art and craft paints
- Caulking compounds, epoxies, glues, adhesives
- Paint additives, colorants, tints, resins
- Wood preservatives (containing pesticides)
- Roof patch and repair
- Tar and bitumen-based products
- 2-component coatings
- Deck cleaners
- Traffic and road marking paints
- Industrial Maintenance (IM) coatings
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) (shop application) paints and finishes
Note: Leaking, unlabeled, empty containers and dried paint are not accepted at drop-off sites. Please call drop-off sites before you bring your paint to check the hours of operation and how much paint they can accept.
For more information regarding paint recycling and disposal please visit www.paintcare.org