The City of West Hollywood requires the use of cloth face coverings in public.
Click here to learn more.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Video Update: Thursday, May 28, 2020
The City of West Hollywood has proclaimed a local emergency due to coronavirus (COVID-19). Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (Public Health), California Department of Public Health (CDPH), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) serve as the lead agencies. The City is working quickly to respond to community needs and this page is being updated as quickly as possible with links to resources, information, and relief for residents, businesses, and community members. For the latest public health information regarding coronavirus (COVID-19), please follow @LAPublicHealth and @CDCgov on Twitter or visit covid19.ca.gov.
- Click here to view Emergency Executive Order No. 2020-1 Implementing Emergency Measures to Assist Local Businesses through the COVID-19 Crisis
- Click here to view Emergency Executive Order No. 2020-2 Implementing Emergency Measures to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- Click here to view Emergency Executive Order No. 2020-3 Implementing Emergency Measures to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- Click here to view Emergency Executive Order No. 2020-4 Implementing Emergency Measures to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- Click here to view Emergency Executive Order No. 2020-5 Proclaiming the Existence of a Local Emergency and Declaring a Curfew
Please remember to support our local West Hollywood restaurants.
Many remain open and committed to helping our community through take-out and delivery. Click here for an updated list of WeHo businesses that remain open during the Safer At Home orders.
INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
It’s important to take care of your mental health and well-being, especially during LA County Safer at Home orders
Information on the City’s Moratorium on Evictions and resources for Rental and Utility Assistance
Access social services, mental health resources, and utility assistance
Contact information and resources to utility companies
State and Federal Assistance programs for Small Business
Unemployment, funds, and other resources for workers affected
Transit, food insecurity and other programs for aging community members
Resources and programs for families with children
Information regarding LA County’s “Safer at Home” Emergency Order
Information regarding LA County’s guidelines on testing for COVID-19
How you can help the community during this crisis
Important updates and press releases regarding COVID-19
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding COVID-19
The City has implemented the following actions through June 30, 2020 in regards to Resources for our homeless population, city facilities, city sponsored and co-sponsored events, all public meetings and all parks and rec programming.
Given the unprecedented public health national emergency, effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 8:00 A.M., all City Buildings will be closed to the public. Essential service impacts are listed below:
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
- Will be accessible via email at Planning@weho.org
- You may also call the Planning Counter phone line at (323) 848-6475
For questions regarding submitting entitlement applications remotely
please reach out to Planning@weho.org or call (323) 848-6475, and you will be contacted by a planner.
BUILDING & SAFETY DIVISION
- Will be accessible via email at Building@weho.org
- You may also call the Building and Safety phone line at (323) 848-6320 and leave a detailed message. All voicemail inquires will be forwarded to the appropriate City staff members. Due to the volume of messages, there may be a delay in responding.
For questions regarding Building & Safety plan submittals
please visit https://www.weho.org/city-government/city-departments/planning-and-development-services/building-and-safety/building-and-safety-online-services or contact the Building and Safety Division by email at Building@weho.org or by phone at (323) 848-6320. All voicemail inquires will be forwarded to the appropriate City staff members. Due to the volume of messages, there may be a delay in responding.
Please note that in accordance with the Safer at Home Order for Control of COVID-19 issued by the Los Angeles County Public Health Department on March 19, 2020, the City of West Hollywood will not be issuing any Building Permits, or allowing construction, for work that is not associated with essential functions as defined by the Order. Please continue to visit this page for updates.
- All non-essential events and meetings, including City-sponsored events, City co-sponsored events, and City-funded events -- as well as any events or filming that require a permit -- will be postponed or cancelled
- Cancellations include the Helen Albert Certified Farmers’ Market
- Christopher Street West will postpone all events related to LA Pride in West Hollywood, which had been scheduled in June 2020, and organizers will assess.
- The City encourages postponement or cancellations for private gatherings that cannot accommodate space for social distancing of at least six feet per person;
- The City encourages businesses in the community to develop plans to limit occupancy in order to encourage social distancing mindful of public health recommendations;
- Gatherings of individuals who are at risk for severe illness from novel coronavirus, such as seniors and people with immunodeficiency or autoimmune disorders, should be limited to no more than 10 people (examples include people at senior centers, assisted living facilities, multi-unit housing buildings, and support groups for people with underlying medical conditions);
The West Hollywood Homeless Initiative, through its non-profit partners, continues to support community members in accessing critical resources and services. West Hollywood is following the lead of Los Angeles County and the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority as these agencies increase the availability of emergency resources to support people experiencing homelessness during this time.
- Call 211 for the latest updates on resources available throughout LA County.
- Call the City’s Social Services Division at (323) 848-6510 for more information about services for West Hollywood community members.
- If you are concerned about a community member who is homeless and want to request an outreach team to respond, call the West Hollywood Homeless Initiative Concern Line at (323) 848-6590. This is a non-emergency number.
- Life-threatening emergencies, call 911.
**PARKING ENFORCEMENT SUSPENSION**
Effective March 16, 2020, The City of West Hollywood is suspending the following parking regulations during LA County Safer at Home orders
- Permit parking on all residential streets
- Street sweeping enforcement
- All AM/PM rush hour enforcement (including Holloway, La Brea, Fountain, Robertson south of Beverly)
- Blocked Driveways - Per complaint only - Call Parking Enforcement (323) 650-6757
- Loading Zones (commercial and passenger) - Per complaint only - Call Parking Enforcement (323) 650-6757
- Residential and commercial moving permits are suspended - signs will not be available during this period
Safety violations will be enforced.
All parking citations issued after March 14, 2020 will have a 30 day suspension before penalties are applied. Citations received prior to March 14, 2020 are subject to regular conditions outlined on the backside of the citation.
Please contact the Parking Violations Bureau at (800) 687-2458 with all citation related questions.
- All public meetings, including Advisory Board and Commission meetings, will be cancelled unless the City determines there are essential business items to be discussed; the City Council meeting calendar is currently being reviewed and updates will be posted at weho.org/calendar
To view essential-business City meetings, tune in to WeHoTV at:
- Aquatic Center full closure through Tuesday, June 30 or until further notice
- West Hollywood Park full closure through Tuesday, June 30 or until further notice
- Plummer Park full closure through Tuesday, June 30 or until further notice
- Farmers' Market cancelled until Monday, June 29
- As a way to connect our Farmers’ Market community with the Farmers’ Market vendors, a list of vendors and their contact information can be by clicking here
- Pocket Parks closed until further notice
- Jewish Family Services available by phone and email
- No group lessons or events.
- All facility reservations internal and external cancelled at Aquatic Center through Tuesday, June 30
- All facility reservations internal and external cancelled at West Hollywood Park through Tuesday, June 30
- All facility reservations internal and external cancelled at Plummer Park through Tuesday, June 30
- All facility reservations internal and external cancelled at Kings Road Park through Tuesday, June 30
Park Programs and Events
- All recreation activities and events at Aquatic Center cancelled through Tuesday, June 30
- All recreation activities and events at West Hollywood Park cancelled through Tuesday, June 30
- All recreation activities and events at Plummer Park cancelled through Tuesday, June 30
- All recreation activities and events at Kings Road Park cancelled through Tuesday, June 30
The City of West Hollywood has modified the operation of many traffic signals and pedestrian crossings in West Hollywood so that pedestrians do not have to touch surfaces of pole-mounted buttons to trigger green-light modes.
Modifications have been completed for crossings along the entire length of Santa Monica Boulevard and at key pedestrian-crossing locations on Beverly Boulevard, N. La Brea Avenue, Fountain Avenue, and Fairfax Avenue.
The City reminds community members to adhere to Safer at Home orders and only leave home for essential needs during the coronavirus emergency.
For additional information, please contact the Department of Public Works at (323) 848-6375.
Information in Additional Languages
Información en idiomas adicionales
Para información traducida:
- Visite translate.google.com en un nuevo navegador
- Ingrese www.weho.org/coronavirus a la izquierda
- Luego seleccione un idioma del menú de la derecha
Информация на других языках
Этот вэбсайт совместим с Google Translate.
Для перевода информации на другой язык:
Corona Virus Information - Russian
Corona Virus Information - Spanish
- Condado de Los Angeles - Headspace App
- WeHo Alert Español 7 Abril 2020
- (Spanish) COVID19 INSPECTION SCAMMERS
- (SPANISH) EVICTION MORATORIUM
- Community Health Advisory (Spanish)
- Acciones Relacionadas al Nuevo Coronavirus 16 de Marzo 2020
- West Hollywood Declara la Emergencia Local en Respuesta al Nuevo Coronavirus March 17 2020
- (Spanish) Community Resources