Low Income and Moderate Income Households
- Conventional Housing - 64 buildings in Los Angeles County (perimeters are Lancaster, San Pedro, Marina Del Rey and La Puente). Three buildings in West Hollywood (838 West Knoll, 959 N. Palm Avenue, and 800-801 N. Kings Road). Applicants may turn down two offers. If the third offer is refused, the applicant is returned to the bottom of the waiting list. For more information call (626) 262-4510
- Los Angeles County Section 8 Certificate Program - Income based housing assistance program. The Section 8 Housing Assistance Payments Program makes housing payments on behalf of eligible low income elderly individuals and families, and persons living with disabilities. The waiting list is 7-10 years and new applications are not currently being accepted. For more information call (626) 262-4510
- West Hollywood Community Housing Corporation - A non-profit housing developer that builds, rehabilitates and manages housing for lower income families, seniors, and persons living with disabilities including AIDS in the City of West Hollywood. Wait list is 2+ average years. Please call Barker Management Inc. at 714-533-3450 for more information.
- The Housing Authority of the County of Los Angeles - The Housing Authority of the County of Los Angeles (HACoLA) will be closing all of its 13 waiting lists effective December 17, 2015 at 4:00 p.m. After December 17, 2015, 4:00 p.m. applicants will no longer be accepted. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please call (626) 586-1845.
- Los Angeles Housing Partnership - Established in 1989, Los Angeles Housing Partnership, Inc. is a non-profit, public benefit corporation, dedicated to expand, ensure the long-term affordability, and preserve the supply of decent affordable housing in the City and County of Los Angeles for low income households and the homeless. For more information call (213) 629-9172.
Persons Living With AIDS/HIV
- West Hollywood Community Housing Corporation - Wait list is 2+ average years for housing for persons living with AIDS/HIV. Please call Barker Management at 714-533-3450 for more information.
- Housing Opportunities for People Living With AIDS (HOPWA) - Offers short-term rental assistance and subsidized housing units. Local area contractors are Aid for AIDS (323) 656-1107 or AIDS Project Los Angeles (APLA) - (213) 201-1600.
- Being Alive - (323) 874-4322. Also offers a roommate referral service or "Chirp Hotline" which can be reached by calling (888) 300-4033.
- Aid For AIDS - Provides move-in grants and rental assistance for persons living with HIV/AIDS. Call (323) 656-1107.
- Alternative Living for the Aging- A local non-profit which operates a roommate matching service and congregate living facilities for low income seniors. Five buildings in the West Hollywood/Los Angeles area. Waiting list is open. Call (323) 650-7988
- Menorah Housing (Sherman Oaks) - Subsidized by HUD. Owns 12 properties in Los Angeles County (Fuller, Pico-Robertson, Beverly Hills, Culver City). Presently waiting lists are closed for all buildings except in Sherman Oaks. Must be over 65 and low income or persons over 55 with a physical disability. For more information (818) 986-9515
- Senior Housing Resources in Los Angeles County - Please visit L.A. County's online Senior Housing Resource Center to obtain new information and tools for locating senior housing opportunities throughout Los Angeles County.
- Santa Monica Community Housing Corporation - Low income housing in Santa Monica. The waiting list is closed but occasionally available units are advertised to the public if those on the wait list do not meet the specific criteria for the unit available. Offers 1, 2 and 3-bedroom units in Santa Monica. For more information call (310) 394-8487
- Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles - HACLA will preserve its existing affordable housing supply of 75,400 units and spearhead a collaborative effort to increase the supply of affordable housing in LA by 30,000 units within the next 10 years. For more information call (213) 252-2500.