The City provides a breadth of information and counseling services to both tenants and owners of residential rental properties. These services include in-house counseling services and written materials concerning the rights and responsibilities of all concerned. The Division also tracks residential rental units for compliance with State statutes and City ordinances, and investigates complaints regarding violations of the City's Rent Stabilization Ordinance.

For further information about questions dealing with Rent Stabilization issues, contact the West Hollywood Rent Stabilization and Housing Division at (323) 848-6450 or visit us at 8300 Santa Monica Boulevard on the First Floor, West Hollywood, California 90069.

The office is open Monday to Thursday, 8am to 5pm, Friday, 8am to 4:30pm (all Fridays, we are here on Friday Lite)

Our Rent Stabilization Manager is Peter Noonan.

Contact this Division

    Other Information

  • Energy Conservation Information [PDF] - Discover ways to save money and energy on your gas and electric bill with Southern California Gas and Southern California Edison.
  • Go Solar West Hollywood - Go Solar West Hollywood is a city-sponsored program to encourage property owners to go solar. West Hollywood has partnered with EnergySage, an online marketplace, to help property owners receive and compare quotes!
  • Additional Solar Resources - Learn about the basics of solar technology, solar financial incentives, the City’s solar guides for condos and apartment buildings, virtual net metering, and much more.
  • Foreclosure Assistance for California Homeowners [PDF] - If you are a CA homeowner struggling with foreclosure, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance to avoid foreclosure or obtain assistance transitioning into new housing due to a short-sale, deed-in-lieu of foreclosure.
  • Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Financing
    PACE is a simple and effective way to finance energy efficiency, renewable energy, water conservation, and seismic upgrades to buildings.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer