Domestic Partnership registration enables any two individuals, regardless of sexual orientation, to have their relationship officially recognized by the City of West Hollywood. The couple need not reside in West Hollywood in order to register, nor does the length of their relationship have to be of any particular duration in order to qualify. The partners must attest to the following:
- They are not related by blood.
- Neither of them is married, nor are they related by marriage.
- They will be the sole domestic partner of each other and have no other domestic partners.
- They are both over eighteen (18) years of age.
- They are responsible for each other's welfare.
- They agree to notify the City of any change in the status of their domestic partnership agreement.
In order to register, you must complete the one-page application [PDF]. You can print out a copy of the application. Both you and your partner must either register in person at West Hollywood City Hall, or by mail if you do not reside in the area. To register by mail, you and your partner must have the application notarized by your local notary public. Once the notarization is obtained, mail the completed application along with a check or money order for the $25.00 registration fee to the attention of the City Clerk's office at the address listed below. Registration is not available on-line or via fax. Upon receipt by the City Clerk's office, your names will be added to our Domestic Partner Registry and 2 certified copies of the application will be sent to you via regular U.S. mail.
Mail application and payment to:
Office of the City Clerk
City of West Hollywood
8300 Santa Monica Boulevard
West Hollywood, CA 90069-4314