Film Festivals. West Hollywood plays host to several film festivals, and has supported the festivals below in the past.
Women in Film. Supported through a grant from the City's Arts Division, Women in Film provides a speaker series monthly in the City Council Chambers geared towards helping women succeed in the film industry. http://womeninfilm.org/speaker-series/
Movie Theatres. West Hollywood is blessed with being in the midst of several movie complexes which specialize in art films, indie films or revivals, all of which are within ten minutes drive from the border of WeHo:
- AMC Sunset 5, is located at the intersection of Crescent Heights and Sunset Boulevard, and features first-run films with an emphasis on art/indie films.
- LACMA has a robust film program, showing classic and art films, and partnering with Film Independent. They are also home to the soon-to-be-constructed Academy Museum and have already begun programming.
- The New Beverly Cinema specializes in revival double features.
- Cinespia hosts the extremely popular outdoor summer movie series in Hollywood Forever Cemetary.
- The Paley Center for Media, specializes in television, radio, and similar media and offers free admission and screenings of television programs.
Other Screenings. The City also hosts and co-sponsors other film screenings both indoors and outdoors on occasion. To check out the calendar click here.
If you are a filmmaker and would like information on filming in West Hollywood click here.
If you are looking for a location to host a film screening in West Hollywood, you may wish to inquire with: