WeHo Arts Grants and Opportunities
The City of West Hollywood offers a wide range of Arts and Culture opportunities. To be notified when any application opens, we recommend you sign up for our Arts Briefs Newsletter.
If you have been awarded a grant from the City of West Hollywood, please find instructions on managing your grant, links to appropriate logos, and the links to submitting your Media Advisory and Final Report digitally here.
Stay informed about future opportunities:
- Join the City's Facebook Group 'WeHo Artists/Art Opportunities' https://www.facebook.com/groups/wehoartists/
- Sign up for our digital newsletter: http://bit.ly/WeHoArtsBriefs
- Interested in performing for our Winter or Summer Sounds series? Sign up on the interest list: http://bit.ly/WinterSummerSoundsList
- Are you a business who wants to partner with the arts? Download our Art & Business Partnership Pamphlet and/or register for our Alternative Art Space registry www.bit.ly/altartspace
WEHO ARTS GRANT OPPORTUNITIES
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Arts Grants: Frequently Asked Questions [document]
Scroll down for Non Grant Arts Opportunities (like Summer Sounds, Free Theatre, Art on the Outside)
REVISED YEAR II or III WEHO ARTS PROJECT or ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT GRANTS If you are submitting a revised Year II or III proposal for a grant you have already received please visit the Information for Arts Grantees page for the application links.
2018-2019 WEHO ARTS ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT GRANT APPLICATION (DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 14, 3PM) - The City of West Hollywood Organizational Development Grant supports arts organizations with budgets under $75,000 and an interest in strengthening their organization’s infrastructure. The Organizational Development Grant provides two benefits for nonprofit arts organizations by supporting both the organization’s mission to provide arts programming, and to support the organization itself with technical assistance to improve its ability to fundraise, develop audiences, and build its administrative structure.
- 2018-2019 WEHO ARTS Organizational Development Grant Eligibility Requirements [pdf]
- 2018-2019 WEHO ARTS Organizational Development Grant Application [online application]
2018-2019 WEHO ARTS PROJECT GRANT APPLICATION (DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 14, 3PM) - Organizations may apply for two years of grant funding with one application. The organization will be required to apply for two projects, one for each project year. The projects are not required to be related and may be completely separate in terms of scope, audience, artists, or other project components. At the conclusion of year one, the organization will be required to submit an update or revision for its second year project for review and approval by the Commission. In order to receive its second year grant, the organization must be in compliance with all other eligibility requirements and have submitted its Final Report for the first year project within the 30 days required. The Arts and Cultural Affairs Commission reserves the right to reassign a grant application to another grant category for which the application and organization may be more appropriate. Maximum grant award $17,000 ($8,500 per year)
- 2018-2019 WEHO ARTS Project Grant Eligibility Requirements [pdf]
- 2018-2019 WEHO ARTS Project Grant Application [online application]
TRANSGENDER ARTS INITIATIVE GRANT (DEADLINE OCTOBER 5, 3PM) - Transgender Arts Initiative Grants are a pilot program initiated by City Council intended to support and enhance artwork to be presented or exhibited in West Hollywood by transgender artists or nonprofit organizations with a history of supporting transgender individuals. The maximum award any individual artist or artist collective may receive under this grant is $3,000. The maximum award any 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization may receive under this grant is $5,000.
- Transgender Arts Initiative Grant [Online Application]
ONE CITY ONE PRIDE FESTIVAL GRANT APPLICATION (2018 GRANT DEADLINE OCTOBER 5, 3PM) - Each year the City of West Hollywood produces a program of LGBTQ-related arts, educational and cultural events around June Pride month between Harvey Milk Day (May 22) through the end of June Pride Month (June 30), providing 40 days of celebrating pride through meaningful arts, education, and cultural programming. The festival comprises film screenings, exhibitions, theatre, dance, music, installation art, literary events, and more. One City One Pride Festival Grants are intended to support a variety of programs, projects and events developed/produced by nonprofit organizations, individual artists and artist groups, to expand the celebration of June Pride Month through arts and cultural activities. For more information on West Hollywood's One City One Pride please visit www.weho.org/pride and www.facebook.com/wehopride.
- One City One Pride LGBTQ Arts Grant Application [Online Application]
WEHO ARTS COMMUNITY GRANT APPLICATION (ROLLING DEADLINE) - The City of West Hollywood is pleased to offer year round WeHo Arts Community Grants intended to support a variety of community-based programs, projects and events developed/produced by nonprofit organizations where a modest grant can make a meaningful difference in enriching the cultural life of the West Hollywood community.. The maximum award any organization may receive is $1,000. These grants are:
- for community-based organizations that want to add artists and performances to their community programs or events or undertake an arts education program for a specific population such as senior, children, or special needs groups;
- for small arts projects developed by educational, social service, or community-based organizations in which art is not the primary mission of the organization;
- designed to enhance free public events with an arts component;
- intended to provide payment or honorariums to performers, singers, musicians, poets, or other artists;
- for productions or presentations of art projects developed by small non-profit arts organizations;
- designed to increase access to and/or participation in the arts and could be used for art making or arts participation activities, typically for educational or therapeutic purposes, in support of the organization's mission.
- WeHo Arts Community Grant Application [Online Application]
WEHO LITTLE FREE LIBRARY MICRO-GRANT APPLICATION (ROLLING DEADLINE) - The City of West Hollywood is providing micro-grants to City residents interested in being a steward for a Little Free Library, as part of a pilot program to bring books and literature directly into city neighborhoods. Two grants in the amount of $600 each may be provided during this fiscal year.
- WeHo Little Free Library Application [Online Application]
NON-GRANT ARTS OPPORTUNITIES
CITY POET LAUREATE PROGRAM (CLOSES ON JULY 17, 2018) - The City of West Hollywood through its Arts and Cultural Affairs Commission and the inter-agency West Hollywood Library Cultural Programming Committee are seeking qualified applicants to the West Hollywood City Poet Laureate Program. The West Hollywood City Poet serves as the official ambassador of West Hollywood’s vibrant literary culture, using the position as a platform from which to promote poetry in West Hollywood, the transformative qualities of poetry, and the written word throughout all parts of the community, and organizes annual programs to celebrate poetry.
- City Poet Laureate Application 2018-20 [Online Application]
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS - Arts Consulting Services (as needed) (ROLLING DEADLINE) - From time to time, the City of West Hollywood requires experienced professional consulting support for its active arts and culture program. The City is currently gathering qualifications from interested arts consultants to establish a pool of individuals who could provide such services to the City on an as-needed basis. Examples of consulting services include: Event/Production coordination, Organizational development and/or Technical assistance for organizations and/or artists, Public Art Coordination, Public Relations, Researcher. City staff will convene at a minimum of two times a year to review applications.
- Arts Consulting Services (as needed) [Online Application]
- Arts Consulting Services (as needed) RFQ [Download RFQ, Applications must be submitted through the Online Application]
2018-19 SUMMER SOUNDS AND WINTER SOUNDS CONCERT SERIES (CLOSED - DEADLINE NOVEMBER 22, 2017) - The City of West Hollywood presents two free series of concerts for the public each year. Summer Sounds is a series of outdoor concerts taking place in the City's public spaces such as Kings Road Park, City Hall Community Plaza and Plummer Park between June and September. Winter Sounds is an indoor concert series held in the City Council Chambers at the West Hollywood Library. Please complete this application by noon on November 22, 2017 to be considered for these concert series. A decision will be made by March 2018. For more information on West Hollywood's Summer or Winter Sounds Concert Series please visit www.weho.org/arts or www.facebook.com/WeHoArts.
- Summer Sounds and Winter Sounds 2018-19 Application [Online Application]
2018 ONE CITY ONE PRIDE ARTS FESTIVAL - DESIGN COMPETITION (CLOSED - DEADLINE DECEMBER 27, 2017) - The City of West Hollywood's WeHo Arts program invites any and all artists to create a design that celebrates the theme of this year’s One City One Pride Arts Festival. The selected winner will win an award of $550 and the opportunity to display their artwork to thousands of people as part of the One City One Pride promotional campaign, on booklets, street banners and other collateral.
OPEN CALL - Temporary Public Art Project Proposals (DEADLINES JUNE 30 & DECEMBER 31) - The City of West Hollywood through its Arts and Cultural Affairs Commission and Art on the Outside Subcommittee reviews temporary public art projects on behalf of the City in the fields of visual and performance art, film/video, architecture, design, and emerging/multi-disciplinary practices. To propose a project, please use the application form found below. It is recommended that projects being proposed have a source of funding associated with them as the City receives many proposals for projects and City funding and staff resources for such projects are very limited.
- Temporary Art Project Proposal Form [Online Application]
OPEN CALL - West Hollywood Library - CULTURAL PROGRAMMING OPPORTUNITIES (QUARTERLY DEADLINES) - The West Hollywood Library campus provides opportunities for Cultural programs and displays within the public areas of the West Hollywood Library Facility. Organizations and individuals are welcome to apply. Proposals are reviewed by a committee using the criteria as described in the guidelines. Please note that the Library receives far more requests for programming than it is able to accommodate. Applicants should plan on at least 4 months of advance lead time for proposed programs.
- West Hollywood Library Cultural Program Application [Online Application]