- Bicycle Nomenclature: Deputies can describe the basic mechanics and functions of a bicycle.
- Basic Bicycle Riding Techniques: Deputies can provide lectures and practical application regarding safe cycling for interested participants.
- Bicycle Laws and Rules of the Road: Deputies can educate interested participants regarding local and regional statutes.
- Bicycle Investment Protection: Deputies can offer professional advice regarding security. In addition, residents will be encouraged to register their bikes with BEAR. This program is free and should prove invaluable to recovery efforts.
- Community Relations: BEAR will continue to build the bridges necessary between law enforcement and residents to work together to provide a safe community.
- Deputies are available for Bicycle and Safety Equipment Inspection: Deputies will conduct inspections during bicycle rodeos, community rides, and as requested.
Need: The Bike Team is a vital part of the department and community as the deputies are able to easily patrol congested areas to maintain safety as well as promote positive community involvement and awareness.
Goals: The Bike Team has made it a priority to promote public awareness of bicycle safety for both youth and adults. The team also continues to promote positive communications between the citizens of West Hollywood and the Sheriff’ Department.
Recruitment: The Bike Team is always looking to add to its amazing team. If you are interested in becoming a Sheriff’s Deputy and would like more information on building an excellent career in law enforcement or are interested in serving as a reserve officer, please contact the West Hollywood Sheriff’s Station at (310) 855-8850.
The Bike Team helps to ease congestion on the streets, reduce pollution, promote a friendlier environment, and encourages neighborhood interaction to build stronger, safer communities.
The Bike Team promotes physical fitness and teaches adults and youth how to safely handle and maintain their bicycles.
The Bicycle Education and Registration (BEAR) Program will create a forum for education and training, as well as assist the Sheriff’s Department in quickly tracking and recovering stolen bicycles.
For more information:
City of West Hollywood Public Safety Division: (323) 848-6414 TTY (323) 848-6496
Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Dept. Bicycle Patrol
780 N. San Vicente Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90069