About the Program
The new on-call transportation subsidy program is intended to complement the City’s other transportation programs by providing trips to seniors and those with disabilities on short notice, during weekend and evening hours, or to destinations outside the areas served by the City’s other transit programs.
Under this program's service model, Ambiance Transportation will use its fleet to respond to trip requests. If a ride request is made outside of their service hours or cannot be fulfilled by an Ambiance vehicle in under 20-minutes, Ambiance will dispatch the request through its technology platform to Lyft.
Participants are able to access the program 24/7 via phone by calling Ambiance’s call center and could also take advantage of new technologies to access the program, including a specially designed mobile app and an online web portal.
For more information, please download the On-Call Transportation Program Brochure.
How the Program Works
Each month, participants may purchase:
• $50.00 of fare credits for $8.00; or
• $100.00 fare credits for $16.00.
Participants may schedule trips 24 hours a day, seven days a week for travel to and from locations that are within 10 miles of the borders of the City of West Hollywood.
• Must live in the City of West Hollywood
• Aged 62 or over, or
• Have documented evidence of a disability.
Individuals are able to apply for the program by mail or online. Instruction on how to apply for the program are below.
How to Enroll by Mail
- Complete application form
- Include a copy of your CA ID card, passport, or other government-issued photo ID
- Include a copy of your current utility bill or proof of residency
- If you are disabled, please enclose documented evidence of your disability (copy of current SSI, Disability Approval Letter, letter from doctor, or SSI check stub)
- Include a check or money order for $8.00 or $16.00 (DO NOT send cash) payable to West Hollywood On-Call Transportation
- Mail the above to:
West Hollywood On-Call Transportation
P.O. Box 920427
Sylmar, CA 91392
How to Enroll Online
- Go to ambianceoncall.com
- Complete the application and follow the instructions
- Upload photos or scans of your government-issued photo ID and recent utility bill
- If you are disabled, upload documented evidence of your disability (copy of current SSI, Disability Approval Letter, letter from doctor, or SSI check stub)
- After your application is approved, you will receive instructions on how to log into your account and purchase Program Credits using a credit card