Click on these links to view the Community Study and Demographic Report:
The following is a detailed summary of the 2019 Community Study engagement process:The City of West Hollywood periodically conducts a Community Study to help inform the funding priorities of the City’s Social Services Division. The 2019 study will update demographics; identify social services needs, use and satisfaction; and seek community input on housing, public safety, mobility, economic factors and City-resident communication. Past studies have included a survey, stakeholder interviews, focus groups, pop-up workshops and community meetings. This year’s process will be similar, with multiple opportunities for those who do not complete the statistically valid survey to participate and provide input. The study will present analysis and comparisons of a number of significant City populations The City’s last Community Study was completed in 2013.
SCHEDULE OF COMMUNITY EVENTS
Kick Off Event (September 25)
The Kick Off Event for the Community Study took place on September 25 as noted on this flyer:
Community Study Kick Off - September 25 (FLYER)
A Gallery Walk highlighting some of the key findings of the City's 2019 Community Study will be held on March 7, 2019 from 4-8pm on the back patio behind West Hollywood City Hall. More information here:
Gallery Walk Flyer (March 7, 2019)
Pop-Up Workshops (October 2018 - January 2019)
Pop-Up workshops will take place at these locations and events:
- October and November as noted below and on this flyer: Community Study 2019 - Pop-Up Workshops Flyer
- January as noted below and on this flyer: Community Study 2019 - Pop-Up Workshops Flyer 2
Russian-speaking community members are encouraged to participate in the pop-up workshops which have materials in both English and Russian. Russian speaking staff will be available at the pop-up workshops below with the dates and times identified an asterisk*.
Жители русско-говорящей общины приглашаются принять участие в опросе общественного мнения. Вам будут предложены материалы на русском и английском языках. Русскоговорящие сотрудники будут работать во время проведения опроса ощественного мнения по дням и часам , отмеченным ниже звёздочками.
October 18 - Disabilities Resource Fair (9am-12noon)
Plummer Park Community Center - 7377 Santa Monica Blvd.
* October 29 - Farmers' Market (9am-11am)
Plummer Park Vista Parking Lot - 7377 Santa Monica Blvd.
November 2 - West Hollywood Library (3pm-5pm)
West Hollywood Library - 647 N. San Vicente Blvd.
November 8 - Transgender Job & Resources Fair (11am-2pm)
West Hollywood Park Auditorium - 647 N. San Vicente Blvd.
* November 20 - Plummer Park (2pm-4pm)
Plummer Park (Outside near Children's Play Area) - 7377 Santa Monica Blvd.
November 30 - World AIDS Day (7pm-9pm)
Council Chambers @ West Hollywood Library - 625 N. San Vicente Blvd.
* January 8 - CityLine (8am-10:30am)
Throughout the City
January 26 - West Hollywood City Hall (10am-12noon)
In front of building - 8300 Santa Monica Blvd.
January 26 - Parklet on Sunset (1pm-3pm)
Adjacent to Book Soup - 8818 Sunset Blvd.
- Initial Press Release can be found here - https://www.weho.org/Home/Components/News/News/7927/23
- To find out more click here - Community Study RFQ 2018
- Staff Report (Authorization to release RFQ) - Staff Report Community Study RFQ 3-5-18
- City Council Report (Agreement for services with Raimi & Associates) - Agreement with Raimi and Associates to Conduct a Community Study - 6-18-2018
- Human Services Commission Update - HSC - Community Study Update - 8-14-18
- Women's Advisory Board Report - WAB Community Study Focus Group Report - 10-25-18
- Human Services Commission Update - HSC -- Community Study Update-- December 11
- City Council Report (Update on Community Study) - City Council - Community Study Update - January 2019
- City Council Report (Summary of Findings & Recommendations)
2019 Community Study Summary Findings and Recommendations - City Council Report (April 1, 2019)
2019 Community Study Summary of Findings - Attachment to City Council Report (April 1, 2019)