The City of West Hollywood periodically conducts a Community Study to help inform the funding priorities of the City’s Social Services Division. The 2019 study updates demographics; identifies social services needs, use and satisfaction; and provides community input on housing, public safety, mobility, economic factors and City-resident communication.
Click on the images below to view the Community Study and Demographic Report:
The following is a detailed summary of the 2019 Community Study engagement process:
SCHEDULE OF COMMUNITY EVENTS
Kick Off Event (September 25)
The Kick Off Event for the Community Study took place on September 25 as noted on this flyer:
Community Study Kick Off - September 25 (FLYER)
A Gallery Walk highlighting some of the key findings of the City's 2019 Community Study will be held on March 7, 2019 from 4-8pm on the back patio behind West Hollywood City Hall. More information here:
Gallery Walk Flyer (March 7, 2019)
Pop-Up Workshops (October 2018 - January 2019)
Pop-Up workshops will take place at these locations and events:
- October and November as noted below and on this flyer: Community Study 2019 - Pop-Up Workshops Flyer
- January as noted below and on this flyer: Community Study 2019 - Pop-Up Workshops Flyer 2
Russian-speaking community members are encouraged to participate in the pop-up workshops which have materials in both English and Russian. Russian speaking staff will be available at the pop-up workshops below with the dates and times identified an asterisk*.
Жители русско-говорящей общины приглашаются принять участие в опросе общественного мнения. Вам будут предложены материалы на русском и английском языках. Русскоговорящие сотрудники будут работать во время проведения опроса ощественного мнения по дням и часам , отмеченным ниже звёздочками.
October 18 - Disabilities Resource Fair (9am-12noon)
Plummer Park Community Center - 7377 Santa Monica Blvd.
* October 29 - Farmers' Market (9am-11am)
Plummer Park Vista Parking Lot - 7377 Santa Monica Blvd.
November 2 - West Hollywood Library (3pm-5pm)
West Hollywood Library - 647 N. San Vicente Blvd.
November 8 - Transgender Job & Resources Fair (11am-2pm)
West Hollywood Park Auditorium - 647 N. San Vicente Blvd.
* November 20 - Plummer Park (2pm-4pm)
Plummer Park (Outside near Children's Play Area) - 7377 Santa Monica Blvd.
November 30 - World AIDS Day (7pm-9pm)
Council Chambers @ West Hollywood Library - 625 N. San Vicente Blvd.
* January 8 - CityLine (8am-10:30am)
Throughout the City
January 26 - West Hollywood City Hall (10am-12noon)
In front of building - 8300 Santa Monica Blvd.
January 26 - Parklet on Sunset (1pm-3pm)
Adjacent to Book Soup - 8818 Sunset Blvd.
PRESS RELEASE & STAFF REPORTS
- Initial Press Release can be found here - https://www.weho.org/Home/Components/News/News/7927/23
- To find out more click here - Community Study RFQ 2018
- Staff Report (Authorization to release RFQ) - Staff Report Community Study RFQ 3-5-18
- City Council Report (Agreement for services with Raimi & Associates) - Agreement with Raimi and Associates to Conduct a Community Study - 6-18-2018
- Human Services Commission Update - HSC - Community Study Update - 8-14-18
- Women's Advisory Board Report - WAB Community Study Focus Group Report - 10-25-18
- Human Services Commission Update - HSC -- Community Study Update-- December 11
- City Council Report (Update on Community Study) - City Council - Community Study Update - January 2019
- City Council Report (Summary of Findings & Recommendations)
2019 Community Study Summary Findings and Recommendations - City Council Report (April 1, 2019)
2019 Community Study Summary of Findings - Attachment to City Council Report (April 1, 2019)